2. We look forward to approval by the IAEA Board of Governors of the model Protocol to Safeguards Agreements (Part II 93+2).
3. We call upon the nuclear-weapon States to place permanently under safeguards nuclear material transferred from military uses to peaceful activities.
4. We regard effective national nuclear export controls as integral to a strong non-proliferation regime which facilitates international nuclear cooperation in pursuit of economic and technological development.
5. We support ongoing efforts to enhance transparency in multilaterally agreed nuclear export guidelines and call upon all States to join in this activity.
6. The establishment of additional nuclear-weapon-free zones, on the basis of arrangements freely arrived at among the States concerned, particularly in regions afflicted with conflicts, enhances regional and global peace and security and contributes to non-proliferation and disarmament.