2. The Coordinating Group shall be responsible for coordinating the activities of the Verifying Party with the activities of the Party carrying out the explosion.
3. The Coordinating Group shall operate throughout the entire period of preparing and carrying out of the activities related to verification for a particular explosion, until the departure of Designated Personnel from the territory of the Party carrying out the explosion.
4. The Representative of the Verifying Party to the Coordinating Group shall be the Designated Personnel Team Leader, whose name shall be provided simultaneously with the notification of intent to carry out activities related to verification for a particular explosion. All members of the Coordinating Group from the Verifying Party shall be drawn from the list of Designated Personnel. Within 15 days following receipt of this notification, the Party carrying out the explosion shall provide the Verifying Party with the name of its Representative to the Coordinating Group.
5. The first meeting of the Coordinating Group shall be convened in the capital of the Party carrying out the explosion within 25 days following notification by the Verifying Party of its intent to conduct activities related to verification for a particular explosion. Thereafter, the Coordinating Group shall meet at the request of either Party.
6. At the first meeting of the Coordinating Group, the Party carrying out the explosion shall present a list, including times and durations, of all its planned activities that are to be carried out as from the first day of this meeting and affect the rights of the Verifying Party provided in this Protocol. The Verifying Party shall provide a preliminary statement of its requirements for technical and logistical support for the activities related to verification that it intends to carry out. Within 10 days the Parties shall develop and agree upon a coordinated schedule, including specific times and durations for carrying out activities related to verification, that shall ensure the rights of each Party provided in this Protocol.
7. Agreement of the Representative of each Party in the Coordinating Group shall constitute agreement of the Parties with respect to the following specific provisions of this Protocol:
(a) Section 1: paragraph 5;
(b) Section IV: paragraphs 9, 10(b), and 11;
(c) Section V: paragraphs 2, 3, 4(b), 6(a), 7, 8(d), 9(f), 10, and 11;
(d) Section VI: paragraphs 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 9;
(e) Section VII: paragraphs 1(b) and 2(c);
(f) Section VIII: paragraphs 1(g), 4, 5(b), 5(g), and 8(f);
(g) Section X: paragraphs 4 and 13; and
(h) Section XI: paragraph 6.
8. Upon completion of activities related to verification at the site of an explosion, the Designated Personnel Team Leader shall prepare, at his option, either at the site of the explosion or in the capital of the Party carrying out the explosion, a report of the activities provided for in this Protocol that were carried out by Designated Personnel. The report shall be factual, and shall list the types of activities in chronological order. Lists of information, of photographs, and of data required in accordance with this Protocol and provided by Designated Personnel to the Party carrying out the explosion and received by Designated Personnel from the Party carrying out the explosion in the course of conducting activities related to verification on the territory of the Party carrying out the explosion shall be appended to the report. The report shall be provided to the Party carrying out the explosion in its capital by the Designated Personnel Team Leader within 15 days following completion of activities related to verification at the site of the explosion.
9. If, in the course of implementing activities related to verification in accordance with this Protocol, questions arise requiring prompt resolution, such questions shall be considered by the Coordinating Group. If the Coordinating Group is unable to resolve such questions, they shall immediately be referred to the Joint Consultative Commission for resolution.
10. Within 3O days after the Party carrying out the explosion provides notification of its intent to carry out a group explosion having a planned aggregate yield exceeding 150 kilotons, a meeting of the Joint Consultative Commission shall be convened at the request of either Party with the goal of reaching agreement on specific procedures as specified in paragraph 2 of Section II of this Protocol. The explosion shall be conducted no less than 150 days following agreement of the Parties upon such procedures.
11. The Joint Consultative Commission may, as necessary, establish and amend procedures governing the activities of the Coordinating Group.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13