(1) Why was uranium research popular before the discovery of nuclear fission?
(2) Why was uranium research popular after nuclear fission? What was the result?
(3) Why is Szilard concerned about after nuclear fission? How does he try to involve the American government?
(4) How secret were the secrets of nuclear fission?
(5) Why was the Frisch-Peierls memorandum important?
(6) Why was the MAUD Report important?
(7) Why did the French, Soviet, and British fail to develop nuclear weapons during the war?
(8) How do the German and American efforts to develop nuclear weapons compare?
(9) What question did the responsible American and German officials ask of their nuclear researchers during the winter of 1941-1942?
(10) Why did the American government attempt to make nuclear weapons, while the German did not?