- Fact Sheet: Nuclear Weapons Employment Strategy of the United States, June 19, 2013
- Nuclear Posture Review, April 2010
- America's Strategic Posture: The Final Report of the Congressional Commission on the Strategic Posture of the United States. United States Institute of Peace Press, May 2009.
- Transforming the U.S. Strategic Posture and Weapons Complex for Transition to a Nuclear Weapons-Free World. Robert L. Civiak, et al. Nuclear Weapons Complex Consolidation Policy Network, April 2009.
- Leveraging Science for Security: A Strategy for the Nuclear Weapons Laboratories in the 21st Century. Fraces Fragos Townsend, Lt. Gen. (Ret.) ,Donald Kerrick, and Elizabeth Turpen. Henry L. Stimson Center, March 2009.
- Toward a New Deterrent: Analysis and Recommendations for the Commission on the Strategic Posture of the United States. New Deterrent Working Group. Air and Space Power Journal, Spring 2009.
- Incompatible Pronouncements on the Future of the U.S. Nuclear Force. Baker Spring. Heritage Foundation, April 2009.
- Updating U.S. Deterrence Concepts and Operational Planning: Reassuring Allies, Deterring Legacy Threats, and Dissuading Nuclear "Wannabes." Jacquelyn K. Davis, et al. Institute for Foreign Policy Analysis, April 2009.
- From Counterforce to Minimal Deterrence: A New Nuclear Policy on the Path Toward Eliminating Nuclear Weapons. Hans M. Kristensen, Robert S. Norris, and Ivan Oelrich. Federation of American Scientists and the Natural Resources Defense Council, April 2009.
- DOD and the Nuclear Mission. Clark A. Murdock. Joint Force Quarterly, December 2008.
- Strategic Collapse: The Failure of the Bush Nuclear Doctrine. Joseph Cirincione. Arms Control Today, November 2008.
- Orienting the 2009 Nuclear Posture Review: A Roadmap. Andrew Grotto and Joe Cirincione. Center for American Progress, November 2008.
- Deterrence: From Cold War to Long War - Lessons from Six Decades of RAND. Research Austin Long. RAND Corporation, October 2008.
- Toward an Integrated US Nuclear Weapons Policy: Address US Security in an Interconnected World - Final Report of the US Nuclear Policy Review Project, 2008. Stanley Foundation, October 2008.
- US Nuclear Security Strategy After the 2008 Presidential Elections. Calin Trenkov-Wermuth. European Union Institute for Security Studies, August 2008.
- Maintaining Nuclear Deterrence
in the 21st Century US Senate Republican Policy Committee, June 16, 2005
U.S. Military Expenditures
- The New START Treaty: Maintaining a Strong Nuclear Deterrent. White House Fact Sheet outlining cost projections through 2019. May 14, 2010.
- Nuclear Bailout: The Costs and Consequences of Renovating the U.S. Nuclear Weapons Complex. William D. Hartung, New America Foundation, May 7, 2009.
- Nuclear Security Spending: Assessing Costs, Examining Priorities. Stephen I. Schwartz and Deepti Choubey. Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, January 2009.
- U.S. Strategic Posture/FY 2009 Budget Request for Strategic Programs. Hearing before the House Armed Services Committee, Subcommittee on Strategic Forces
- The Costs of U.S. Nuclear Weapons. Stephen I. Schwartz, Nuclear Threat Initiative, October 2008.
- Nuclear Weapons Complex Modernization. Hearing before the House Armed Services Committee, Strategic Forces Subcommittee, July 17, 2008.
- Funding for U.S. Efforts to Improve Controls Over Nuclear, Materials, and Expertise Overseas Recent Developments and Trends. Anthony Wier and Matthew Bunn. Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs, February 2007.
- United States Military Expenditures 2001-2004
U.S. Nuclear Weapons
- The Report of the Congressional Commission on the Strategic Posture of the United States.
Hearing before the House Armed Services Committee, May 6, 2009.
- U.S. Nuclear Weapons Policy. Council on Foreign Relations, April 2009.
- Tailored Deterrence: The 'New Triad' and the Tailoring of Nuclear Superiority. David S. McDonough. Canadian International Council, March 2009.
- The United States Army Concept Capability Plan for Combating Weapons of Mass Destruction for the Future Modular Force. US Department of the Army, March 25, 2009.
- Nuclear Weapons: NNSA and DOD Need to More Effectively Manage the Stockpile Life Extension Program.
Government Accountability Office, March 2, 2009.
- U.S. Strategic Nuclear Forces: Background, Developments, and Issues. Amy Woolf, CRS Report for Congress, February 23, 2009.
- Mobile Nuclear Power for Future Land Combat. Marvin Baker Schaffer and Ike Chang. Joint Force Quarterly, Winter 2009.
- Report of the Secretary of Defense Task Force on DoD Nuclear Weapons Management - Phase I: The Air Force's Nuclear Mission. US Department of Defence, September 2008.
- Report of the Secretary of Defense Task Force on DoD Nuclear Weapons Management - Phase II: Review of the DoD Nuclear Mission. US Department of Defence, December 2008.
- Nuclear Weapons Inspections for the Strategic Nuclear Forces. Defense Science Board Permanent Task Force on Nuclear Weapons Surety, December 2008.
- Time for a Systematic Analysis: U.S. Nuclear Weapons and Nuclear Proliferation. Christopher F. Chyba. Arms Control Today, December 2008.
- Reinvigorating the Air Force Nuclear Enterprise. Remarks by Michael B. Donley, Secretary of the Air Force, at the Center for Strategic and International Studies, November 2008.
- Notice: Continuation of National Emergency with Respect to Weapons of Mass Destruction, November 10, 2008.
- Congressional Oversight of U.S. Nuclear Weapons. Stephen I. Schwartz. Nuclear Threat Initiative, October 2008.
- Report of the Defense Science Board Task Force on Nuclear Deterrence Skills. September 2008.
- National Security and Nuclear Weapons in the 21st Century. Report by Samuel W. Bodman, Secretary of Energy, and Robert M. Gates, Secretary of Defense, September 2008.
- Nuclear, Biological, and Chemical Weapons and Missiles: Status and Trends. Paul K. Kerr, CRS Report for Congress, February 20, 2008.
- U.S. Nuclear Weapons: Changes in Policy and Force Structure. Amy F. Woolf CRS Report for Congress , January 2008.
- President Bush Approves Significant Reduction in Nuclear Weapons Stockpile. December 18, 2007.
- Nuclear Weapons: Views on Proposals to Transform the Nuclear Weapons Complex. GAO, April 26, 2006.
- Nuclear Weapons: NNSA Needs to Refine and More Effectively Manage Its New Approach for Assessing and Certifying Nuclear Weapons. GAO, February 6, 2006.
- “Trinity and Beyond,” Linton F. Brooks, Administrator, National Nuclear Security Administration and
Under Secretary of Energy for National Security, National Academy of Sciences Symposium, July 14, 2005.
- “Nuclear Programs and Policies,” Linton F. Brooks, Administrator, National Nuclear Security Administration and
Under Secretary of Energy for National Security, Testimony Before the Senate Armed Services Committee, Subcommittee on Strategic Forces, April 4, 2005.
- "Our Nation Continues to Benefit from the Security Provided by a Safe, Secure, Reliable and Effective Nuclear Deterrent," Samuel Bodman, Secretary of Energy, Testimony to the Senate Armed Services Committee, February 15, 2005.
- Remarks by the President to Students and Faculty at National Defense University, May 1, 2001.
- Department of Defense, Nuclear Posture Review [Excerpts], December 31, 2001.
- Sustaining the U.S. Nuclear Deterrent in the 21st Century. Paul G. Kaminski, Undersecretary of Defense for Acquisition and Technology,U.S. Strategic Command Strategic Systems Industrial Symposium, August 30, 1995.
U.S. National Security
- The Long Pole of the Nuclear Umbrella: A White Paper on the Criticality of the Intercontinental Ballistic Missile to United States Security. By the Senate ICBM Coalition, November 2009.
- Current and Future Worldwide Threats to the National Security of the United States. Hearing before the Senate Committee on Armed Services, March 10, 2009.
- The Global Nuclear Detection Architecture: Issues for Congress. Dana A. Shea, March 25, 2009.
- Remarks Presented at a Nuclear Deterrent Summit - "Establishing an International Framework to Deter the Entry of WMD into the U.S.." William Tobey, Deputy Administrator, National Nuclear Security Administration, Department of Energy, December 5, 2008.
- Nuclear Weapons in 21st Century U.S. National Security. American Association for the Advancement of Science, the American Physical Society, and the Center for Strategic and International Studies, December 2008.
- 2009 National Security and Nonproliferation Briefing Book. Peace and Security Initiative, November 2008.
- WMD Report Card: Evaluating U.S. Policies to Prevent Nuclear, Chemical, and Biological Terrorism Since 2005.
Partnership for a Secure America, September 2008.
- National Defense Strategy. June 2008
- Los Alamos National Laboratory: Long-Term Strategies Needed to Improve Security and Management Oversight. GAO, June 13, 2008.
- Remarks by National Security Advisor Stephen J. Hadley at the Proliferation Initiative Fifth Anniversary Senior Level Meeting. May 28, 2008.
- Next Steps to Strengthen the National Nuclear Security Administration's Efforts to Prevent Nuclear Proliferation
Hearing before the Senate Committee on Appropriations, Subcommittee on Energy and Water Appropriations, April 30, 2008.
- The Department of Defense and the Nuclear Mission of the 21st Century: A Beyond Goldwater-Nichols Phase 4. Report Clark A. Murdock. Center for Strategic and International Studies, March 2008.
- Remarks by the National Security Advisor, Stephen Hadley, to the Center for International Security and Cooperation. February 8, 2008.
- National Strategy for Homeland Security. October 2007.
- Securing U.S. Nuclear Material: DOE Has Made Little Progress Consoliding and Disposing of Special Nuclear Material. GAO, October 4, 2007.
- National Security and Nuclear Weapons: Maintaining Deterrence in the 21st Century. June 2007.
- Homeland Security Presidential Directive/HSPD-18.Medical Countermeasures against Weapons of Mass Destruction. January 31, 2007
- The National Security Strategy of the United States of America. March 16, 2006.
- National Military Strategy to Combat Weapons of Mass Destruction. February 13, 2006.
- National Military Strategy of United States of America. 2004.
- The Security Strategy to Combat Weapons of Mass Destruction, The National Security Council, December 2002.
- The National Security Strategy of the United States of America, The National Security Council, September 2002.